Who are we ?
An Honorary officer is a volunteer who offers their time and expertise to supplement and support the staff of Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife.
As Honorary Officers we are committed to a conservation ideal based on maintaining the bio-diversity of our national parks and game reserves in sustainable populations in protected areas where the wildlife has priority and humans can enjoy visiting a fully-functional eco system.
We use our expertise, time and commitment to support the Ezemvelo /KZN wildlife management and permanent staff of the Hluhluwe Game Reserve to achieve their stated goals and objectives by fostering cordial relationships and thereby, make a meaningful contribution to the wellbeing of the park.
1. Maintain close contact with management and senior staff in the reserve;
2. Through regular monthly work weekends as a close-knit group, to ensure the
Park’s amenities and services are maintained and improved.
3. Identify areas and projects where we can become involved, providing the impetus
for successful completion;
4. Raise funds or sponsorships for projects identified as being beneficial to the park;
5. To be recognised as contributors to the park and conservation through our efforts,
by Park Management, Staff and Visitors.
We promote the ideals of Conservation Management through
Helping and Assisting
Yielding a Service
The H O team:
Clive Honman ( Vice Chairman )
Pieter van Vollenhoven
Sharon van Vollenhoven
Bill Toughey (Chairman)
Chantelle Slabbert (probation)
Hendrik Slabbert (probation)
Dawn van der Walt
Martin van der Walt
Sybrand van Niekerk
Shane Mc Intyre
Jess Mc Intyre
Peter Du Bruyn
What is an Honorary officer?
Ezemvelo Honorary Officers volunteer their time and expertise to supplement and support the staff of Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife. Donations